Thursday, December 9, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season! I love celebrating Christmas; the snow, the music, the food, and friends and family getting together to exchange love and maybe a present or two.

I am a pretty sentimental person, and those sappy Christmas movies always make me cry. But I think this clip from AlphabetPhotography on YouTube had the most powerful effect on me this year. I love Handel's "Messiah", and his Hallelujah Chorus is a pretty powerful piece of music. The seeming spontaneity of this holiday "Flash Mob" of singers was very touching. People taking time out from busy shopping (which can be as frustrating as it is fun) and joining together spreading the love of the season is pretty touching. The video itself is also a nicely edited narrative. Take a look for yourself:

No comments :

Post a Comment