Monday, September 6, 2010

Color Journal Week Ten








I wanted to be zany this week, so I played around with hot pink and electric blue!

Electric blue has always been a favorite color of mine, so I've been particularly thrilled with how the color has been "popular" lately with the 80s fashion comebacks (makes me shudder to wonder what decade the fashion industry be dragging back from the dead next! They are starting to run out of them!)

On a totally random side note, we found a puffball mushroom in our garden! it's about the size of a soccer ball, but I read they can grow to be even bigger.



My grandfather used to cook and eat them, but I think I will just admire it from afar! I've read far too many tales of poisonius toadstools and other frightening fungi.

5 comments :

Janet Ghio said...

I really like your hot pink and electric blue lady--looks like some kind of royalty to me and that puffball mushroom. Very cool--but I'm with you-would rather admire it than eat it!!

Diane said...

She's exquisite--kind of old fashioned in a modern kind of way, if that makes any sense.
And a puffball mushroom--that's a new one for me.

Taluula said...

I so love those colours and you have created a beautiful journal page here. Bravo.

Joyce van der Lely said...

Love your new cards in the Fall theme, and about the mushroom, yes you can eat that one, cut thickish slices and fry in a pan, is yummie !

linda said...

Very cool lady! The cold air is definitely settling in here in Italy too... are you still going with the color prompts? I'm totally behind...eek!

Post a Comment